Monday, July 10, 2006

Teenagers and Jobs

Should You Let Your Teenager Have An After School Job?
By Jeannie

My daughter is seventeen years old. She insisted on having an after school job. As a parent I was concerned about several things concerning this. I was worried about grades and homework. My husband was worried about her driving late at night. He and I sat down and discussed every detail. We decided that our daughter was mature enough to handle a job plus school.

I have had people tell my daughter and I that having an after school job at this point in her life is crazy. She needs to prepare for college. I have had other people tell me that an after school job is a great idea. It will teach her about life and how to manage her money. I have to agree with the second opinion. Since she began working and going to school, she has learned how to manage her time to study and manage the money she earns. I think this will carry over into her college life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home